Founded in 1861 by Isaiah Oldbury, supplying axles, suspensions and components for horse drawn carriages and carts, the company has been at the forefront of British engineering innovation and excellence for over 150 years. It has been supplying specialist trailers, transporters and equipment to all three armed forces and civil agencies for more than 50 years.
It was acquired by Skan Group Holdings in 2000 and is today co-located within Boughton Engineering’s main headquarters facilities in the West Midlands. Steady growth, coupled with significant investment and plans for future expansion, sees the company now operating across three sites, two of which are local and provide 3.5 acres combined, with 45,000 sq. ft. of enclosed production space. These incorporate overhead craneage, extensive fabrication, erecting and fitting bays; surface treatment and paint shops, advanced CAD and design engineering capabilities, service and parts operations. The third site is a dedicated modern fabrication facility in North Devon. The company is fully accredited to TUV ISO 9001.
Boughton Engineering and Oldbury UK is a member of both ADS and NDI.
Member of ADS Group (Aerospace Defence Security)
Member of NDI