Close Coupled Trailers Click here for printable PDF
Boughton close coupled trailers are designed and built to a premium specification and to both match and optimize operations when used in conjunction with other Boughton equipment.
The current Boughton tri-axle 24,000kg design incorporates a wide range of technical features, including the option for Boughton’s Kwikova auto-sheeting system.
Available in trailer lengths of 20' or 22', the Boughton Tri-axle Close coupled trailer can be operated with the Boughton Hookloader to provide a matched combination for operation at up to 44,000kg GTW.
Key CCT features include:
- Heavy duty deep section ‘I’ - beam construction for optimum rigidity and low operational weight
- Premium quality tri-axle running gear, with full air suspension, disc brakes, EBS anti-lock braking system and front axle lift
- Super single wheels and tyres
- Simple and positive three lever control system
- Retractable diamond form telescopic drawbar design, with replaceable wear pads
- Pneumatically operated drawbar lock
- Hydraulically operated container locks and stabiliser legs for strength and speed of operation
- Manually adjustable front and rear container stops
- Bolt on towing eye (50 or 57.5mm)
- Capable of loading and carrying CHEM standard or DIN narrow rail containers without additional modification
- Boughton Kwikcova sheeting system option