Skip Loader & Intacova Click here for printable PDF
Boughton’s Power-Reach skip loader range, introduced in 2013, marked the first comprehensive ground-up design review and whole of concept development programme of the type for a generation. Boughton also undertook an exhaustive research and development programme, which included wide consultation with industry and operators. As a result, Power-Reach offers improved functionality, serviceability and safety features, with greater productivity and operational reliability.
The Boughton Intacova, a fully integrated, patented and within width auto-sheeting system, is the option of choice for most Power-Reach applications. Both Power-Reach and Intacova have quickly gained popularity and following amongst operators, large and small and continue to gain market share.
The flagship Power-Reach PR18 variant, designed for operation at 18,000kg GVW spearheaded the new range, with a PR12 model, for operation at 12,000kg GVW, now also available and other variants to follow.
Key Skip Loader features include:
- Independent telescopic lift arms
- Fully re-designed hydraulic system, incorporating simple, positive multi-lever hydraulic controls and including “hold to run” and fast off load for empty skips
- Pneumatically operated tip hooks, powered up and down
- Independent telescopic stabiliser legs with the option of pad or roller feet
- Multi position, asymmetric front and side skip stops
- Heavy duty cab guard
- Easy access panels for hydraulic tank and main hydraulic valve chest.
- Front and rear access grab handles
- Rear grab handles also provide sheeter rear locating points
- Inboard and outboard hydraulic cylinder protection
- Heavy duty “walk-on” hydraulic cylinder guards
- Heavy duty removable rear light guards and rear access steps
Key Intacova features include:
- Option to incorporate sheeting system within a new build
- Load and sheet within UK C&U maximum vehicle width regulations
- Main pivot integrally mounted within side frame
- Double pivoting main arm assembly incorporating four hydraulic cylinders
- Arm mounted, torsion sprung top roller assembly, with nylon guidance rollers
- Pleated container sheet for maximum container coverage
- Main arm locating points front and rear to ensure rigid arm stability in transit
- Arm guidance deflectors at top of telescopic lift arms
- Two lever proportional control system mounted adjacent to and incorporated within main Power-Reach operating station
- Bolt on/off facility, including the cab guard mounted roller stowage tray.